What is a business without its management?
Over the past few months, St. Christopher's has undergone a few changes and transitions. A major change we have recently undergone is the change in the management of the hotel.
Former General Manager Stella Pittman retired on August 29th and was replaced by her Administrative Assistant, Denise Lomond. Denise's position was filled by Matthew White, who had been a Front Desk Agent leading up to Mrs. Pittman's Retirement.
In any industry you see people come and go without much thought. When it comes to retirement however, there is a lot of preparation required to ensure day-to-day operation of the business continues as smoothly as possible.
Some of the major preparations involved in management transition are:
- Reorganizing offices and work spaces.
- Training the new Administrative Assistant to take over the day-to-day tasks of the position.
- Training the new Manager to take over the day-to-day tasks of the position.
- Transferring and changing names on all accounts.
- Contacting customers and vendors to provide them with the updated contact information.
Although the list may seem short, each of those tasks can take weeks or months to complete. Many email exchanges, phone calls, and meetings fill the days leading up to the day of retirement.
St. Christopher's is proud to say that we have handled this transition smoothly with no disruption to the provision or quality of our services. We would like to thank all of our customers and staff for helping make this transition as smooth as possible, and to Mrs. Pittman for her many years of managing the Hotel.
The new management team looks forward to serving your hospitality needs in the years to come!